Hello,

We pre-authenticate users outside of web2py via SAML and the user lands on
a page where he can choose from a list of applications.
When the user selects an application, he needs to be set as "logged in" for
that web2py application as long as there his userid exists in the auth
table (no password)..

I do not see any login method that allows us to just say : "set this user
as logged in".

The closest I see is the "login_bare" function, but that expects a password
and these users do not have a password entry in the auth table.

Any ideas on the best way to handle this scenario ?

Note : I would really like to avoid using the SAML login modules as these
are an uphill battle on Windows IIS and we already have a working
authentication for the users via Shibboleth SP.

Kind Regards,
David