I see there is an open issue on git from 8 days ago:

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/2341

So just FYI it is already reported.

Its a strange error.

Must be somewhere in the module save function and after save it should
trigger the compile which obviously does not work anymore either.

Should be a small thing