Oh, I forgot to comment (and I believe it may be relevant) that I'm using a
MySQL database.

And when I try to add a new column to a previously defined table (defined
and created originally in another repo) I do get the error below:

InternalError: (1054, u"Unknown column 'tag.in_between' in 'field list'")

I'd really appreciate some guidance on this, as I'm going literally nuts
with all the migration, frake migration, sql.log and tables business...
Thanks, Jon.