<https://stackoverflow.com/posts/76341290/timeline>

Asked this one on SO here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76341290/unable-to-import-requests-in-web2py-even-though-requests-is-accessible-directl>

as I was just reminded of how much nicer this community tends to be to newb
questions.

I'm attempting to integrate MSAL which requires the requests module.

I'm running python 3.7 on Linux and using pipenv to manage the environment.
I'm also using web2py 2.24.1 from source (as in I download the web2py
framework via the source button on the web2py website).

When I am in pipenv shell and go into the python shell, I can access the
requests, however when I try to access it from web2py (running in same
shell), I get the "module not found" error.

When I check the site-packages folder the requests packages is present. I
have checked the pythonpath and seen that the path from the virtual
environment is present.

When attempting to load the web2py python shell, it gives the same error.

I'm probably missing something, but it sometimes appears as if web2py does
some code compilation and then uses the compiled stuff and ignores code
changes after a certain point. Asking as I have commented out all the code
involving the requests module in an effort to get the web2py shell working,
but still get the error and now the entire app is not working even on the
master branch which was previously working.

Not sure what to try next. Any ideas are appreciated.