With pyenv itself it goes OK, it's only when using a pyenv-virtualenv that
things fail.
I tried on two different machines.

Newly created pyenv (3.10.6)
Newly  created virtualenv
Newly unzipped web2py directory (2.24.1)

Same result.
When launching the web2py-shell in the virtualenv, the import fails.

Have you also tried with a virtualenv?

Regards,
Tom.