I don't claim to be an advanced user of web2py however....

On Jul 28, 11:59 am, Randell <josephrandell.benavi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi guys,

\>    - What OSes do you use? (which flavor of Linux, which Windows
version,
>    does anybody here use a Mac?) And why?

Just Linux. Kubuntu 9.04. CentOS5,  Oracle EL5 => need to compile
python-2.5/2.6

>    - What IDEs? What benefits do you get from using Eclipse or other IDEs?
>    Feel free to enumerate everything.

vim, occassionally kate for syntax highlighting.

Evaluating komodo , eric4 and wingware

>    - What plugins do you use? I think there's also a plugin that allows you
>    to deploy your web2py projects directly from Eclipse.

None

>    - What tools do you use to deploy your web2py projects?

rsync

>    - Where else do you deploy your web2py project aside from GAE? (I'm
>    asking this for those web2py projects you've actually deployed in a live
>    site)

never tried GAE