In trying to better wrap my head around the workings of web2py, I am
attempting to convert a Django tutorial I used a while back to learn
Django into web2py-speak.  It is a series of video tutorials that walk
one through building a twitter-ish site (Start The Dark).

I am already confused about how to implement the Django style many-to-
many relationship in web2py.

The model starts out in the Django tutorial like so (this is the just
the begining):

# in models.py

from django.db import models
from datetime import datetime, timedelta
from django.contrib.auth.models import User
class Event(models.Model):

    description = models.TextField()
    creation_date = models.DateTimeField(default=datetime.now)
    start_date = models.DateTimeField(blank=True, null=True)
    creator = models.ForeignKey(User,
related_name='event_creator_set')
    attendees = models.ManyToManyField(User, through='Attendance')
    latest = models.BooleanField(default=True)

    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.description

class Attendance(models.Model):

    user = models.ForeignKey(User)
    event  = models.ForeignKey(Event)
    registration_date = models.DateTimeField(default=datetime.now)

    def __unicode__(self):
        return u"%s is attending %s" % (self.username, self.event)

The ultimate result at the end of the tutorial series is a site where
users can post one event per day and other users can "attend" events

I left out some of the requirements here like the custom managers and
querysets.
for clarity and brevity.

How would I do this in web2py, assuming i wanted to use the auth_user
table for users?

Once I figure out how, I would like to do the whole project w/
screencasts.  I think it will help my understanding a lot and it might
make a nice learning guide for others coming from Django

Thanks,

__future__