I am new to the MVC paradigm, python, and web2py.  I would like to be
able to:

1. create a controller (done)
1. define a series of functions (including index)
2. call any of the function from a single view.

Example.  I have a model that consists of three tables.  My default.py
controllers index function returns a dictionary containing rows from a
query about vendor names.  I build a table with the vendor names.  I
also want to build a subtable listing the products available from each
vendor.  For that I would like to define another function that takes
the vendor id and returns products related to that vendor id.  But I
would have to make another view (if I understand correctly).

I want all the information to appear in a single view.  Is this
possible?