Two issues:

1) I created the key and certificate files for SSL but when I start
web2py with them I get:
WARNING:root:OpenSSL libraries unavailable. SSL is OFF

openssl is installed.

2) Even without any clients this is showing up in the "console"
periodically (but not often):

Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.5/threading.py",
line 488, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/QOpenSys/web2py/gluon/contrib/cron.py", line 249, in run
    shell=self.shell
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py",
line 594, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py",
line 1097, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

It does not seem to affect but I have not done much testing.

Denes.