Well, there is no need to close entirely this google group. So the
information in it would not be unavailable.. rather outdated.. but
that will be after some months.

It will be used less often as day passes by. And in a year or so,
maybe the current group's content will be replaced by the new threads
of the forum making it less relevant.

Besides, if your concern  is that you are not in control of the
forum's content in the eventuality that the forum closes someday for
some reason, you can come to an agree with julio and the host provider
to have an updated backup anytime.