bitbucket gives max 150MB for free - would that be a problem?
Google Code offers 1024MB, which can be increased if necessary:
http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-holidays-from-google-code.html

I noticed the other major Python frameworks have rolled their own SVN
solutions:
- http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/trunk
- http://pylonshq.com/svn/Pylons/trunk
- http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/tg.devtools/trunk

Not saying we should copy them, but it does look more professional to
host it from their own domain.
Should we be "eating our own dogfood" here too?

Personally I would prefer Google Code because I am used to it and know
it works.

Richard