Very cool. The non-profit I work for has been looking for a scheduling
system for volunteers and this may give us a start if we decide to do
our own. As others have said, every resource ends up with different
requirements - we for example would have pre-defined time slots that
can hold a limited number of people and then want group leaders to
reserve some number of slots and then individuals to register as part
of a group. Then add in families or individuals that aren't part of a
group but still want to help out and you get a jumbled mess of
requirements. We've looked at commercial systems and they all end up
being restrictive in some silly way.

One bug I noticed, the calendar display shows an event booked
2009-10-28 18:00:00 to 2009-10-28 19:30 as happening all day both Oct
28 & 29. Your strftime pattern is wrong in plugin_booking/
calendar.html it should probably be .strftime('%B %d, %Y %H:%M:%S')
instead of .strftime('%B %d, %Y %M:%H:%S')  - you've got the hours and
minutes flipped.