I just finished building a complete system of this kind for a client
of mine. This kind of system isn't as trivial as you may think. There
are parts that require heavy lifting, especially in the area of repeat
operations. It is also difficult to generalize the problem to all
systems, vs. specialize to a specific set of resources. I can
guarantee that the requirements for allocating time for a
manufacturing machine is not the same as allocating time for a meeting
room or for a human being. I would council the respondents to this
message to consider carefully whether to put in a lot of time and
effort for this request without carefully considering all the
requirements for this kind of system. A simple example case may be
instructive, however, an industrial-strength system that serves many
masters will be something altogether different and considerably more
complex. Any system would also require an api in addition to a GUI. I
seriously doubt a general system that would gain wide-spread
acceptance could be built in under a couple-hundred hours or more. If
I were allocating Massimo's time, which I stress I'm not, I would
rather have him developing a comprehensive web2py reference manual to
complement the current user's manual as there would be much more
leverage in such an activity.