On Nov 5, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Russell wrote:

> It does seem that a nice solution would be to position or shrink the
> flash message on the default layout so that it is unlikely to cover
> text.  But it maybe we are trying to do too much with the flash
> message?  There are some messages that only deserve a quick 'flash' -
> like 'logged in'.  But there are some messages that are more important
> that need to stick around.  Perhaps we need two styles in the
> layout...response.flash and response.notice?

I think that'd be good, or perhaps more of an API. One way to do it
would be to attach different styles to the flash, perhaps.

For my own applications, I'd like to distinguish errors from
information notices with color. Also, if an error requires that the
user do something to correct it (that is, the landing page isn't
really what the user was after), I'd be inclined to leave it up (no
fade-out), while purely informational or greeting messages that don't
require user action would fade.