Agreed, ideally there would be a warm database server ready and
waiting, or at least a cold server that just needs to have the data
uploaded.

However at this point in time, we have no resources to dedicate to a
backup machine (stupid I know.) I am just wanting to cover all my
basis, and if something does happen, be able to get the system
"running (even if slow)" asap.

Thinking about running the system on sqlite while setting a proper
prostres database up, would not be desired, since then exporting from
sqlite to postgres would be a pita.

As far as database redundancy and keeping backups on that end I am ok.
I was curious if the web2py export_to_csv solution should be
considered as on option. At this point, it is looking to not be a
"backup" option, but more of a "migration" option.

-Thadeus