On Dec 13, 5:27 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> I am rewriting the DAL to make more modular. 75% is done and it is in
> trunk.
> Please take a look. I need one official tester for each supported
> database backend (except sqlite since I can do that)

Am using sqlite with r1455, the below code breaks when trying to
insert a new record:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Bin\web2py\gluon\restricted.py", line 173, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "C:/Bin/web2py/applications/sahana/models/zzz_1st_run.py", line
17, in <module>
    theme = 1
  File "C:\Bin\web2py\gluon\sql.py", line 1890, in insert
    self._db._adapter.execute(query)
  File "C:\Bin\web2py\gluon\sql.py", line 202, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(*a, **b)
IntegrityError: s3_setting.uuid may not be NULL

# Reusable UUID field (needed as part of database synchronization)
import uuid
from gluon.sql import SQLCustomType
s3uuid = SQLCustomType(
                type = 'string',
                native = 'VARCHAR(64)',
                encoder = (lambda x: "'%s'" % (uuid.uuid4() if x==""
else str(x).replace("'", "''"))),
                decoder = (lambda x: x)
            )

uuidstamp = db.Table(None, 'uuidstamp',