On Dec 21, 11:07 pm, Thadeus Burgess <thade...@thadeusb.com> wrote:
> dope...

What!?!  You mean this wasn't intuitively _obvious_?  (ha!  It sure
isn't to me, and I wouldn't expect anyone else - although once this
has bitten you a time or two, it becomes memorable....)

No, no dope at all....

There are a lot of fields for the Field() constructor, and this is a
sort of extra-sql "ondelete" one ... would it be "more intuitive" (?)
if it were just a special, extra-sql behavior, an extension of
'ondelete'? ...

You (everyone) probably wants to get familiar with the section,
starting on P.154 of the 2009/v2 manual on the Field() constructor,
and it's defaults.  Curiously, it is under section 6.4, titled
"Migrations" (which is probably just a mistake; there could have been
an additional section/name):

• autodelete - determines if the corresponding uploaded file should be
deleted when the record referencing the file is deleted. For "upload"
fields only.

- Yarko