yes (...,autodelete=True) does exactly what I want. I was just confused as
why the only mention of the matter is never paired with mentions of upload
fields. As Yarko pointed out, autodelete is located in the migrations
section of the book, and not anywhere else upload fields are discussed.

-Thadeus