The new DAL will allow this. I am working on it but it is a complex
thing and I do not know for sure when it will be done. I hope in one
month. I cannot take a patch to do this in the current DAL because it
would break a lot of stuff.
Sorry.

There must be a way to define an alias (or a view) in Oracle. That may
be an easier solution.