On Jan 6, 1:50 am, Jon Romero <darks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can hack OpenShare (http://openshare.emotionull.com/). It's on
> bitbucket, written on web2py, running on GAE.

hi I go through the openshare website.
I have not registered yet, but following is what I get from reading
the content on the site...
*) It's cool if you need a link exchange.(It''s basically a link
exchange program)
*) You have no control over the banners displayed on your site.
*) You can't earn by showing ads from potential promoters.
Yes it's all fine for such projects. It's open source, and I'm a fan
of it and I'm a proud linux user.

But what if you are building a commercial site/ need to sell banner
space on your high traffic site?
Then you have to have finite control over what ads will get displayed
and how long and etc.,
So we need a simple solution of this web exchange thing.
Am I right?

> On Jan 5, 10:36 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> > do not assume we know exactly what ASP ad_rotator does. Make a wish
> > about the functionlity you expect/need and somebody may want to write
> > a plugin for it.

Actually, I just got introduced to this component in last lecture (at
college), don't know more about it.
But  the basic idea is what I'm talking about in previous posts.
I wan't to know, if there is anything more needed, and whether there
is an existing plug-in, else I can start building one (and of course,
with your support ;-) )

Arun