1) Is that the only reason?
So there is no other objection to have args with accented chars in
them for example?.
Foreign languages would benefit from having args without such
restrictions.

By 'access filesystems' are you refering to 'static'?
We could apply the restrictions only if the URL has c='static' or some
other mechanism when it needs to access filesystems.

2) And what about the first question:
Shouldn't URL create only URLs that are usable with web2py?