I see. Thry this then:

*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/python /web2py/web2py.py -S MYAPP -M -N -R
/web2py/applications/MYAPP/cron/update_records.py >>
/web2py/applications/MYAPP/cron/cron.log

notice -N

in 1.73.1 hardcorn was not working for you. Now that it is working
unix cron calls you script wich calls hardcron again. This makes me
think that -N should be default if -S.

Massimo