On Feb 16, 2010, at 12:18 PM, reyelts wrote:

> I'm trying to use this with my shiny new SQLFORM. But I'm clearly
> missing something. Here's a snippet:
>
>   form = SQLFORM(...blah...)
>   submit = form.element(_type='submit')
>
> submit.parent.append(INPUT(_type='submit',_value='Cancel',_name='button'))
>
>   if request.vars.button == 'Cancel':
>      session.flash = 'profile create was cancelled'
>      session.flash = 'profile update was cancelled'
>      redirect(URL(r=request,f='index'))
>   elif form.accepts(request.vars,session,dbio=False):
>      ...update/insert logic...
>
> The cancel works perfectly.

A problem that someone mentioned recently (or at least alluded to) is that
there's an issue with IE and multiple submit buttons, namely that if the user
types a return in a form field, you aren't guaranteed that you'll see the first
submit button. So somebody might type a return, and  you'll see a cancel.

So I ended up with _type='button', and an onclick script to provide the URL. So
far so good....