Raven,

1) Use
$SERVER["socket"]  == "100.101.102.103" {
instead of
$HTTP["host"] == "100.101.102.103" {

2) Did you restart lighttpd with
/etc/init.d/lighttpd restart
and where there any problems when restarting?

3) Is "mod_fastcgi" included with server.modules in lighttpd.conf?

4) Is web2py actually running such as started with
cd /var/www/web2py && sudo -u www-data nohup python fcgihandler.py  &

You can see if the web2py process is alive with
ps ax | grep python
A line with fcgihandler.py should appear once. If appears more than
once then kill all fcgihandler.py python processes with
ps number
where number is the first number on each line of 'ps ax' that includes
fcgihandler.py.

Restart web2py with
python fcgihandler.py  &
or similar

5) Check file nohup.out in /var/www/web2py for errors

John Heenan