<snip>
In my own test, the difference (on Windows) between 1 and 10 yields a ~2.5x
increase in requests per second.  I don't have a readily accessible Linux right
now.  Kuba, please run these>numbers again with --num-calls=10.
my reality is a lot of concurrent connections with only one call.
I did num-calls=1 on purpose. I needed this test because of a "thing"
I am building and this thing MUST work like this.

Although I will try num-calls10 as soon as I have access to my testing
environment again
Perhaps it's important to state the context for which our benchmarks are conducted.

In the bigger picture, there are some other matters to consider:
- Who will likely run web2py with the build-in webserver?  New users testing
things out or devs running relatively small jobs.
This might not be true. My "thing" is not for users surfing through
some web application..downloading.. having sessions.., it is about
some voice over ip servers talking to my servers via xml-rpc. So, I
may need embedded server(like rocket or cherrypy) in production
because it could simplify cluster environment
My point here was about the general web2py population rather than your "thing". No offense intended, but you have a special case. web2py handles web-services but that is not it's primary function. I think Massimo wishes to primarily direct web2py toward the traditional "browsers requesting web content over persistent connections" situation. (Massimo, as always, I'm open to correction.)

thank you for your time, Tim, Rocket code looks really impressive

I built Rocket because I saw some deficiencies in Cherrypy. I'm not expecting that web2py and Rocket will have totally compatible goals, but I do think that there is enough overlap for the projects to benefit from each other. Beyond that, Rocket is young and there are plenty of optimization and tuning options yet to be explored.

-tim