Hi Massimo,

I thought that would be.
Because of the cache and sessions dir for example.

But in order to stay close to the guidelines, (which is required for repo)
We need to define the purpose of web2py application folder structure.

But controllers/models/modules/views/cron are the core of a web2py
application.
And should formal be under "/opt/"or "/usr/", right? (See the point of view
in an earlier mail : extension/application)

The /cache, /errors/,sessions, tests are true /var directories and are even
created instantly when missing.

Doubtful for me are /databases /static /languages, I believe that these
should belong in the /var directory.
Because language ain't static and database contains files which are create
on database connection.
Static could contain files which are dynamic from the app view, so I think a
doubtful /var file.

If Massimo or someone else can confirm this.
Then I believe that Dima is able to define a directory structure for non
compiled apps.
With or without links.

I suggest we first do the non compiled apps.
So we can consider that as done.
Before we continue to discuss the compiled apps,

Regards Mark Breedveld,

P.s. we could create our own apt-repo (like moovidia in its early day), but
this should our last option...