Hi everyone,

I agree that it must become /var/web2py/applications,
because the hole application is dynamic, except for the gluon folder.
Which could be under the py path.

I heard that is possible to cluster web2py by putting it on a central
server.
And start it through a share on another server.
To keep this easily be possible it recommended to keep the data of a web2py
application together.
So it keep possible to mount applications from anywhere, but also to install
them locally.
This would become
I also tested what happens when you remove the rights of the web2py user on
one application.
This will not prevent webserver to run, but it cannot execute that app.

So we could separate web2py applications from several user by their rights.
In order to run those applications we execute a instance under group
www-data,
But as the application owner.
This is possible for wsgi, but it has some difficulties for a standalone
execution.
Because every user will need its own port.

Summary
- The application under /var/web2py
- Except for gluon which comes in the python path (if possible)
- Except for /etc/web2py/options_std.py
- Applications are by default owned by www-data user and group
- except user depend applications which have themselves as owner
- There is an "deamon"/start up entry for www-data on port 8000

Definitions
- Web2py applications are for debian interpretation user data
        Which is allowed in the var directory.

Open issue
- Where to put web2py.py? //Because this aint user data, but the
application/webserver
- Who decides which package is allowed in the repo? We might contact them.

I hope this is a right conclusion from all those mails

Regards Mark Breedveld,