The Zengarden css code is not "open source" but we can easily create
our own. I am just finishing up a css based theme for a client that
uses div's and flow with a two columns (basically the same appearance
as the current web2py default layout). I would be more than happy to
create on using the current web2py names, images and so forth and can
license it as we like.

We could include it as a documented option and give it a name like
base-2c-flow.css or base-tableless.css
Let me know soon cause I am moving on to non css stuff in the next few
days.

Cheers,

Christopher Steel.