Careful -

HTML5 is behind schedule, and expected to reach standard stage in 2022
(?!)...

Hoewever, the new canvas element is supported already (so that flash /
silverlight, etc. isn't needed) --- and IE-9 might even do will with
this (the preview is out now - it seems pretty fast).

I woulnd't worry about too much more than what everyone else is
expecting in HTML-5:  the things browsers broadly support now, and are
useful (i.e. the canvas element, and more solid svg support, among
them).

- Yarko