Depending on your table definitions you still have two options:

1) If your tables define a primary key on an integer field not named
'id' you can alias it:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/msg/86838b9b792a236e

2) If your tables define multiple fields as primary key you could
still use them but this requires some work, as explained at bottom of
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/msg/c9848792a8999c5f
Currently only DB2, MS SQL, Ingres and Informix are supported.

Denes.