On Apr 8, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Thadeus Burgess wrote:

> How will we be able to configure to use one or the other?

I'm thinking an alternative variable in routes.py.

Also, there would be (I think) a provision for application-specific routes.py
files, so once the application is resolved at the top level, the
application-specific parsing could either be in the global routes.py (as now)
or the app-specific version.

> Will it be able to do "Both" at the same time (for routes_in of
> course). I ask since certain web2py sites are scanned in google, you
> don't want the old links to dis-appear.

Perhaps, but with some restrictions, since using / as the args separator leads
to ambiguities that don't exist with ;.

I'd like to be able to use standard Python libraries to do the main parsing
work. See http://docs.python.org/library/urlparse.html

BTW, RFC2396 actually allows a ;-separated parameter on each component of the
path; you could have
http://domain.com/app;arg1/ctlr;arg2/function;arg3?query_string. I don't see a
use for that in the web2py architecture, though.