On Apr 28, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

> 2) if a "localhost" managed server is configured using the same port
> as [web2py], but http protocol, atttempting to connect to that URL
> will cause [web2py] to become unresponsive to all requests until it
> is restarted.  With the same configuration, prior versions will
> display an "unable to obtain API version" warning, but will remain
> functional.  The configuration attempted was:
>
> Name: localhost

OK, I have a clarification on this one. I had misinterpreted the report.

In the above case, web2py is configured as https-only, port 8004.

The web2py app is configured to *talk* to another (non-web2py) entity at
http://localhost:8004. This is a conflict, of course. But with CherryPy, the
communication simply failed (resulting in the 'API version' message above; I'll
try to find out what the underlying error was). With Rocket, web2py becomes
unresponsive and has to be restarted.