If you don't have the source, you can open and edit it with inkscape. Oh
yeah!  Did it when designers would throw stuff at in in pdf thinking
they could make a few extra bucks by not letting me adjust it.  Inkscape
should do a pretty good job and it can save as pdf as well. (But can't
all we linux users now-a-days.)
Best Regards,
Jason