Excellent! A few suggestions to keep up with recent changes:

SQLDB(...,pools=...) should be DAL(...,pool_size=...)

add response.files.append('http://somewhere/file.css')

replace
   response.author, response.description and response.keywords
with
   response.meta.author, response.meta.description and
response.meta.keywords

replace IS_NULL_OR with IS_EMPTY_OR

db(...).select(...) is missing distinct=False

change T.force(...) into T.set_current_languages(...)

remove the ON=True helper since it is useless.

If they fit add fields attributes: compute and widget

I would add list of decorators but I would not know where
@auth.requires_login()
@auth.requires_membership(role='group')
@auth.requires_permission('read','table','record_id')
@sevice.xml