I agree with this.

It comes to using the right tool for the job. Web2py is just a tool,
and an excellent one if your working with one application. Other
systems are better designed for multiple apps, and if thats what you
need then you should use them for the job.

Web2py is great for large sites/applications, look at sahanapy.

--
Thadeus