I'd prefer a web2py solution, of course. but meanwhile I'm planning to
use Micolog <http://micolog.appspot.com/en_us/main>. Micolog is
currently the most actively developed Python blog for GAE, with the
most features that work out of the box (easy themes and plugins, for
example). The developers are almost all Chinese, but Google Translate
is somewhat helpful...