Comment below

On Jul 10, 9:32 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> Answers below
>
> On 9 Lug, 21:42, Scott <blueseas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think this should replace the Welcome application and the
> > documentation should be integrated into the web2py book.  I'm
> > impressed with the complete rewrite!  I like the way that you get
> > web2py-admin-esque functionality without having to use the admin
> > directly, and it all works through Google App Engine.  It certainly
> > makes page creation easier.
>
> > Out of curiosity, would you need to use a custom routes.py to remove
> > (rewrite) "plugin_wiki" from the URL?  I'd probably want to hide that
> > from casual users.
>
> > A few suggestions and questions:
> > - Consider an internally-hosted chart generator (e.g. jqPlot) in lieu
> > of Google Charts API; this will allow the charts to generate behind
> > corporate firewalls
>
> This is a good point. I will do it.
>
> > - Can the tag cloud be made hyper-linkable?  That is to say, clicking
> > on a word in the tag cloud might show a list of relevant tagged pages.
>
> Can be done but right now there is a logic problem. Which pages should
> the tags link to? I guess wiki pages with the names of the tags?
>
> > - What is the future direction of cube2py?  It seems that most of the
> > functionality coded in the View can be replaced with cube2py and
> > markmin.  It also replaces some of the code normally located in the
> > Controller such as CRUD and jqGrid functionality.  If this is the
> > case, is it the intent to replace the admin with cube2py?
>
> It cannot be a replacement. In admin you edit files and code is in
> files. With cube2py you edit only the database and code is in the
> database. I think they must coexist.

I understand that it cannot be a replacement. And this creates a
difficulty for beginners (like me...) as it is sometimes hard to see
where to put/do what, as there might be different ways to do things.
This can become problematic because not all ways are as robust/clean/
efficient/secure... as they should be. Therefore I believe it would be
nice and welcome if a few examples/guidelines/explanations regarding
this issue would be givenn somewhere...

Thanks!