Hi all,

I have this use-case:

There is a set of rows being queried from the database.

videos=db(db.video.id>0).select()

Now I have three different views (in same controller) where I want to
access these rows (with additional filters), but I want to prevent
multiple db calls.

def index():
     # use videos here with an additional filter
    home_videos = [v for v in videos if v.folder == 'home']

def favorites():
    fav_videos = [v for v in videos if v.folder == 'favorites']

These views essentially fetch subset of the same dataset and display
them.

Question:
Is there a way to "cache" the first db call "videos = ... " and be
able to access "videos" variable without hitting database again, as
long as this session exists?

I am not sure if and how I can use global variables here, and will
they reliably persist.