On Jul 31, 1:15 am, Jonathan Lundell <jlund...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2010, at 9:19 AM, VP wrote:
> > On Jul 30, 9:35 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> >>http://gluonframework.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/web2py-and-metaclasses/
>
> > This is really nice.  Please do more of this.
>
> My initial reaction is the opposite. The result might be more readable, but
> it doesn't strike me as more writable.
>
> What would be most helpful for me would be a deeper explanation (in the book)
> of what's going on behind the existing DAL "magic" syntax, rather than adding
> yet another layer of magic.

You make a good point, Jonathan. And I think there is a underlying
question here. Which kind of audience is web2py targeting to?  If for
developers, the existing DAL syntax is already powerful and magical
enough (the document is also good, here it is.
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/06
). Developers don't need another layer which is more fancy but not
more powerful.