I am working on an application and have encountered an issue I cant
seem to solve.  I have an app based on the supplied scaffolding.  It
has a "db" variable defined in the model.  The db is available to all
the other controlers in the application without any problem.

Additionally, in one of the controllers (creatcommunity) I create a
seperate dynamic database (commdb) that is stored in a separate
subdirectory of the applications "database" folder.  My problem is
twofold.

1) Once commdb is created is is not available to subsequent
controllers that operate on the tables contained in the database.  So
for example, once the user selects a community, I open the
corresponding commdb and display a list of posts.  I am now trying to
implement the ability for a user to edit a community posts, but cannot
figure out how to reference the commdb.

2) Once a database is defined how do you re-open it without redefining
it?

I have played arouynd with session variables, and defining what I
thought would be global variables in the model, but it seems as if
these behave more like consonants and are unable to be changed in
controllers.