On Aug 16, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Yarin wrote:

> I've posted an updated slice with an in-depth treatment of logging in
> web2py.
> http://web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/91

I've got a patch pending that adds a (standard format) logging configuration
file, and converts all of web2py's logging calls to use it.

It has a logger named "web2py.app", so you can getLogger("web2py.app.myapp")
and log calls will propagate to that logger (or you can create a new
"web2py.app.myapp" logger definition in the config file).

Initialization happens when web2py loads, so you don't have to test for
configuration.