Over the past few days, I've had a problem loading the URL
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py (i.e., the web2py Google Groups
home page). Every time I try that URL, it takes at least 30 seconds or
more to get a response. After some exploration, I discovered the same
problem when clicking the "Pages" link in the right nav (which points
to http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/web). When the "Pages" page
finally loads, it says "Pages aren't available right now. We're sorry.
Try again shortly." -- so there appears to be a problem with the Pages
functionality.

Then I realized that there is now a Pages section on the home page
(currently, the sections being displayed on the home page are
Discussions, Members, Pages, and Files). The Pages section on the home
page is displaying the same error message noted above. So, I'm
assuming the home page is taking so long to load because of the
inclusion of the Pages section. (Note, only the home page and the
Pages page are taking long to load -- all other URLs within the web2py
Google Group load as fast as usual.)

Are other people seeing the same thing? If this problem is widespread,
I'm afraid it may deter new/prospective users from getting to the
group. I assume inclusion of the Pages section on the home page is
configurable -- perhaps removing the Pages section would solve the
problem.

Thanks.

Anthony