I am running Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit with all patches. I start as

python web2py.py in the app server install directory, all files are
owned by my id.

When the server GUI starts the browser I get an internal error on URL
http://127.0.0.1:8000/
with ticket issued = unrecoverable and clicking that link results in
another one that looks real but clicking that issues yet another
ticket.

The terminal launch window has the following message in it.
$ python web2py.py
web2py Enterprise Web Framework
Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2010
Version 1.84.0 (2010-08-28 09:58:51)
Database drivers available: SQLite3, MySQL
Starting hardcron...
please visit:
        http://127.0.0.1:8000
starting browser...in 5 seconds
ERROR:web2py:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/camcentral/Dev/web2py_hg/gluon/main.py", line 475, in
wsgibase
    BaseAdapter.close_all_instances(BaseAdapter.rollback)
  File "/home/camcentral/Dev/web2py_hg/gluon/sql.py", line 805, in
close_all_instances
    instances = thread.instances
AttributeError: 'thread._local' object has no attribute 'instances'

If I put in the base URL again on a fresh browser I get the same error
as above. However, if I put the welcome application in the URL as in
http://127.0.0.1:8000/welcome or my own application it runs fine.

Ron