That is main reason i am learning web2py :)

Features...hmmm... i see 3 points of view:

1. Student. what i want as a student?
 - Autonomy, i should use it whenever i want, without schedules
constrains.
 - A nice experience, interactivity, keep me engaged.
 - Use of advanced technologies to improve my learning.
 - Progressivity, i dont want to learn step to step, not walls to
jump.
 - Keep track of my progress.

2. Teacher.
 - Customization of a course, included contents
 - Improvement of contents, each time i teach a lesson i get feed back
from the students to improve it
 - Changing the course when it is in progress
 - A good set of contents to include on my course
 - A good set of quizzes to test/examine the level of my students
 - A good set of activities/exercises for my students so they can
train and practice as much as the want
 - Control. A good report system. i want to know what happens, how is
doing each student...

3. Content creator
 - Tools to easy create content.
 - All type of contents: text, audio, video, diagrams (interactive),
quizzes, exercices and activities.
 - Blocks of contents, i may not want to create a full course(or
book), but i may create a very nice "lesson" that could be used on
courses.

there is another point of view:

4. Organization, the University/company/organization.
 - Control of teachers/students/courses/departments
 - Calendar and schedules.
 - Economic Management
 - Reporting

A quick look :)