> first question:
> what is this?? */30 * * * *

That */30 * * * * is ordinary linux crontab syntax, look at http://adminschoice.com/crontab-quick-reference and the fist picture when you scroll down. It should tell you what those * are.

Basically you define when the cron is runned,

first * tells at which minute of the clock the cron is runned
second * tells at what hour teh cron is runned
third * at what day of month cron is runned
forth * which month cron is runned
fifth * tells at which weekday of week cron is runned

That is basic crontab, I have never used web2pys cron so I don´t know about all extensions, hopefully somebody else can help you with that.

Kenneth

if i wanna execute every day the function "daytask" in my controller
"automatictask" i neet to do:
1) edit web2py 1.84.4\applications\xxx\cron\crontab
2) add a row (my crontab is empty) -->  @dayly root    *automatictask/
daytask

it work ?
if i restart web2py it will be executed when it start? or after 1 day?
there is something strange to write in my controller function or it is
a normal function?

thanks for help