Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both, but I still cannot get it to
work.  I think I have it isolated to the fact that the textbox i am
trying to use autocomplete on is loaded in a view using the LOAD
command.  In fact it is the technique I am using is identical to the
tagging widget.  IS it possible to use the autocomplete widget in this
manner?