The idea write a meta-app is really great. And web2py could be great
tool for it.

However, I think, generate individual code for "dogs", "cats",.. is
not good way.
Much better direction is create common classes or common code, where
will be one controller, one/two views with meta-names of tables,
fields,..; something like db().select(db.eval(tablename).ALL)....

Because in first case we have lot of kB of generated code, which we
cannot touch and edit, but in the second case we can inherit the
classes and make something special, where we need it.