I'm not sure I like the filenames inside buttons, especially such dark
buttons. It ends up looking very stark and heavy. It's not too bad
with just the 3 files in this mockup, but may be a bit much when
viewing a full page with dozens of files listed. I think the filenames
may look better as just text -- but then you have to worry about the
icons looking too prominent relative to the filenames. I think the
problem there was not just icon size, but the fact that they're so
colorful and really grab your attention. To really get a handle on
this, it may help to see what a full page of filenames/icons looks
like -- what looks good in this abbreviated mockup may get annoying
when covering a full screen.

Also, should we slightly indent files that are in a subfolder when the
folder is expanded?

Anthony