On Nov 10, 3:18 pm, Syed <syed.f.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Complete user-error. Although I did reinstall with python 2.5.4 from
> python.org, and then the binary distribution of web2py

Note, if you run the binary version of web2py, I think it simply runs
the Python interpreter that comes with web2py (which happens to be
2.5.4), regardless of the Python interpreter you've got installed. If
you want it to run from your own installation of Python (and be able
to access modules in your Python site-packages), I think you would
have to run from source (alternatively, you can put third party
modules in the web2py site-packages folder, as discussed here:
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/04#Third-Party-Modules).

Anthony