yes... noticed that ... although, the "graffles" diagram-ish look and
feel about it seems well for the task as well, in that once the view
finds the raphael js files (and the css), using it becomes very
insinuative (i mean easy - meaning even I can use it ;) )... that
said, I wonder if its ease of use can't be expanded on (again, I am by
no means a web programmer, I can see this at the python level), and
since we need only set the logic within the the apps view, perhaps we
could just as easily manipulate the data that drives this @ run time?
Meaning, by enabling a feature (maybe with an event like
button.click() ) generate new elements (with control over the
properties like shape, txt, color, etc). Maybe cause the page to re-
render at each change, we could essentially have a workable basic
flowchart app...

Or, I could be out my my tree as well... I haven't given jsPlumb the
same effort (required more reading, and it was getting late), but it
did seem a little less intuitive to get going... or maybe not... will
try wit a fresher and well caffeinated brain later today.

2 goals for the flow charts:

1. creating flow charts :)
2. use this type of drag & droppable flow chart system to manipulate
data going to script (i used to do something like this with air apps).
example:
  * we parse a section of a file system (and a source repository like
mercurial and obviously p4) and generate its represntation in XML
  * a raphael (or jsPlumb?) element is dynamically linked to an
element in our XML tree (provides access to file names, paths, etc...)
  * we can then generate instructions to some py script (like "copy
this dir structure (elem A) to here (elem B), or pull from mercurial
THIS src (possibly we can parse the mercurial tree ahead of time and
get a list of submitted changes with their associated numbers, with
which a double click event can trigger a drop down or something where
we can choose the revision we want to pull) to THAT location (here the
script would know to do a os.chdir(THAT location), or commit THIS and
add this change description... or ... DIFF elem (*file_a) with that
(*file_b)...

see where I'm going with this?(or maybe I now have too much time on my
hands ;))

Thanks,
Mart :)

anyways things like that...